Facilities at Trewan Hall
Couples and families appreciate the space and informal atmosphere that we have to offer. We pride ourselves on providing a safe environment for children to play in and to explore 36 acres of woods and grounds.
Pitches are not allocated which gives everyone the opportunity to choose their own camping area. During the main holiday season the choice of pitches may be limited but we always ensure good spacing and help is always available. Trewan is situated on high ground providing good drainage.
We do not flood!"
Swimming Pool - 25 metres long
- Open during high season 10.00am to 6.00pm.
- Open mid-season at reduced hours.
- Generally closed during low season.
- Always supervised when open.
- Heated and can be open air or covered by a dome depending on the weather.
Do please note: the removal or inflation of the dome is a lengthy procedure so would only be undertaken in settled conditions, good or bad.
Camp Shop and Reception
- Hot food, especially pasties, available all day.
- Fresh bread and cakes from an excellent local bakery.
- Fully stocked with groceries, camping equipment, souvenirs, toys, games etc.
- Catering vans, including Fish and Chips and Pizza Bake, come regularly during the high season.
Open in high season from 8.30am - 10.00pm every day. Hours will vary during the low/mid season.
- Mobile phones, laptops, leisure batteries, tablets, computer games can be charged.
- Freezer packs frozen.
- Bodyboard hire.
- Camping Gas and Calor Gas bottle exchange.
There is free Wi-Fi in the library / writing room.
Toilet and Washing Facilities
- Showers and baths.
- Electric razor points are provided.
- Hair dryers supplied.
- Ironing area.
- Wet suit washing areas.
- Washing up sinks.
- Chemical disposal point.
We have completely rebuilt one of our toilet/washing blocks to provide excellent quality facilities for our campers.
Electric Hookup Points
- Over 110 hookup points.
- Each with 10 Amp supply.
Please note: to maximise the use of the freedom of pitching arrangements, and to comply with our 6 metre spacing, a 25 metre electrical lead is required, or an additional lead would help - a 5 metre lead is not suitable.
All tents using electricity require a Mobile Mains tent unit.
There are modern toilet and shower facilities on our electric hook-up field which includes a purpose built disabled/family shower room.
Wheelchair access is possible around most of the estate, although it should be noted that we have several cobbled areas.
Dogs are welcome at Trewan but must be kept on a lead at all times. There is a woodland where dogs can be exercised off the lead. Unfortunately, dogs cannot be taken into the pool area or into the entertainments barn.
At no extra charge, during most evenings in the high season there is entertainment in one of our converted barns.
- Local rock and brass bands.
- Story Telling.
- Wildlife Shows.
- Large 4-lane Slot Car Racing Track
- Table Tennis.
- Table Football.
- Pool Table (for adults and teenagers).
- Billiards/Snooker (for experienced adults only).
The Great Outdoors
- A large field is available for ball games.
- A woodland playground with a birds nest swing, sand pit, climbing frame, tractor, playhouse etc.
- Acres of woodland and grounds for children to play in and explore safely.
- A basketball net is provided in our barnyard.
Please note that no cycling is permitted on site, but skateboarding and scooters are allowed.
Quiet Library and Writing Room
Here we have free Wi-Fi so you can catch up on emails and search the Internet in peace and comfort. There is a large stock of paperbacks for holiday reading and for visitors to borrow.
Open every day including evenings.
Laundrette and Drying Room
A laundry room with three washing machines and two tumble dryers is open all day every day (detergent automatically dispensed, or use your own if required).
Racks are provided for hanging wetsuits or large bedding covers.
Gardens and Woodlands
The gardens and woodlands are available to explore with a huge variety of plants, shrubs and trees. May and June are especially stunning.
A herb garden is available for visitors to pick herbs for the evening meal or barbeque. We also have some plants for sale.
- Organised Barbeques.
- Football Matches.
- Vintage Tractor Rides.
- Garden Fetes.
- Occasional free evening swims.
- Ten local walks written by us.
- and many others ...