Facilities at Trewan Hall
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, not all facilites are available.
Please refer to the information on our home page, or contact us for more information (posted 29th June 2020).
Couples and families appreciate the space and informal
atmosphere that we have to offer. We pride ourselves on providing
a safe environment for children to play in and to explore 36 acres
of woods and grounds.
Pitches are not allocated which gives everyone the
opportunity to choose their own camping area. During the main holiday
season the choice of pitches may be limited but we always ensure
good spacing and help is always available. Trewan is situated on
high ground providing good drainage. We do not flood!
Some of our campers request to be next to friends
or family and although we cannot guarantee this, we usually succeed.
It helps if campers arrive together.
We do allow campfires/barbeques as long as they are
well clear of the grass. We have a supply of lightweight blocks
Swimming Pool - 25 metres long
- Open during high season 10.00am to 6.00pm.
- Open mid-season at reduced hours.
- Generally closed during low season.
- Always supervised when open.
- Heated and can be open air or covered by a dome depending on
Do please note: the removal or inflation of the dome
is a lengthy procedure so would only be undertaken in settled conditions,
good or bad.
Shop and Reception
- Hot food, especially pasties, available all day.
- Fresh bread and cakes from an excellent local bakery.
- Fully stocked with groceries, camping equipment, souvenirs,
toys, games etc.
- Catering vans, including Fish and Chips and Pizza Bake, come
regularly during the high season.
Please note that we do not allow delivery vans from
supermarkets to deliver on-site.
Our shop is open in high season from 8.30am to 10.00pm
every day. Hours will vary during the low/mid season.
- Mobile phones, laptops, leisure batteries, tablets, computer
games can be charged.
- Freezer packs frozen.
- Bodyboard hire.
- Camping Gas and Calor Gas bottle exchange.
There is free Wi-Fi in the Library and also in the
Loft and Cellar Barns near to Reception.
Toilet and Washing Facilities
- Showers and baths.
- Electric razor points are provided.
- Hair dryers supplied.
- Ironing area.
- Wet suit washing areas.
- Washing up sinks.
- Chemical disposal point.
Electric Hookup Points
- Over 110 hookup points.
- Each with 10 Amp supply.
Please note: to maximise the use of the freedom
of pitching arrangements, and to comply with our 6 metre spacing,
a 20 to 25 metre electrical lead is required, or an additional lead
would help - a 5 metre lead is not suitable.
All tents using electricity require a Mobile Mains tent unit.
There are modern toilet and shower facilities on our
electric hook-up field which includes a purpose built disabled/family
shower room. Wheelchair access is possible around most of the estate,
although it should be noted that we have several cobbled areas.
Dogs are welcome at Trewan but must be kept on a lead
at all times. There is a woodland where dogs can be exercised off
the lead. Unfortunately, dogs cannot be taken into the pool area
or into the entertainments barn.
At no extra charge, during most evenings in the high
season there is entertainment in one of our converted barns.
- Local rock and brass bands.
- Story Telling.
- Wildlife Shows.
- Large 4-lane Slot Car Racing Track
- Table Tennis.
- Table Football.
- Pool Table (for adults and teenagers).
- Billiards/Snooker (for experienced adults only).
- A large field is available for ball games.
- A woodland playground with a birds nest swing, sand pit, climbing
frame, tractor, playhouse etc.
- Acres of woodland and grounds for children to play in and explore
- A basketball net is provided in our barnyard.
Please note that no cycling is permitted on site,
but skateboarding and scooters are allowed.
Quiet Library and Writing Room
Here we have free Wi-Fi so you can catch up on emails
and search the Internet in peace and comfort. There is a large stock
of paperbacks for holiday reading and for visitors to borrow. Open
every day including evenings.
We prefer the use of the Library to be reserved for
adults and supervised children. On-line games can be enjoyed in
the Barn area near Reception.
Laundrette and Drying Room
A laundry room with three washing machines and two
tumble dryers is open all day every day (detergent automatically
dispensed, or use your own if required). Racks are provided for
hanging wetsuits or large bedding covers.
The gardens and woodlands are available to explore
with a huge variety of plants, shrubs and trees. May and June are
especially stunning. A herb garden is available for visitors to
pick herbs for the evening meal or barbeque. We also have some plants
- Organised Barbeques.
- Vintage Tractor Rides.
- Garden Fetes.
- Occasional free evening swims.
- Ten local walks written by us.
- and many others ...