Trewan Hall Camping Locality
Trewan Hall is located in the heart of Cornwall between Newquay and Padstow, 10 minutes drive from the north coast. This central position provides easy access to the whole of Cornwall.
Within walking distance - 1 mile away
In St. Columb Major, our local historic market town, you will find:
- Several pubs
- Two fish and chip shops
- A Chinese take-away
- A selection of local shops
- Chemist, library, doctor's surgery
- Two banks
- A veterinary practice
- A fine church
Beaches and the Sea - a short drive away
- 4 miles away is the nearest beach of Mawgan Porth, one of many sandy beaches within easy reach of Trewan.
- The 7 Bays from Porthcothan Bay to Trevone Bay near Padstow are within 15/20 minutes drive.
- At Watergate Bay, 10 minutes drive away, is the Extreme Sports Academy.
- Surfing at any of the north Cornwall beaches is very popular and Fistral Bay at Newquay hosts international surfing competitions.
- Coasteering is a relatively new sport and can be found in Newquay and St Agnes.
- Most north Cornwall beaches are dog friendly.
- Newquay - 6 miles away
has a zoo, cinema, leisure activities, surf shops, night life and, of course, beaches with surf schools.
- Padstow - 10 miles away
is an old fishing port where Rick Stein has a restaurant and a fish and chip café. The Camel Trail starts here and bike hire is available.
- Wadebridge - 8 miles away
has a large supermarket, cinema and good independent shops. Bike hire for the Camel Trail is here too.
- Truro city - 16 miles away
is a good shopping centre with many restaurants a fine cathedral and theatre.
The Eden Project
14 miles away near St Austell - home to the world’s largest greenhouse. It has artificial biomes with plants from all over the world.
Lost Gardens of Heligan
17 miles away - is a world-renowned historic garden with 200 acres to explore.
7 miles away - a leading wildlife conservation and education charity that strives to help to protect species and habitats for future generations.
18 miles away - a grand Victorian National Trust house with a large and varied garden.
Crealy Adventure Park
3 miles away - has themed park rides with indoor and outdoor fun.
9 miles away - is an adventure farm park with tractor rides and animals.
The above are only a few of many attractions around the county and we hold a selection of leaflets and information to help you plan your holiday.
- Bodmin Moor
14 miles away - has wild rugged walks to enjoy.
- Lands End
50 miles - is a must when visiting Cornwall.
- Cliff Walks
Cornwall has miles of National Trust coastal walks with stunning views and often wild seas.
- The China Clay District
Wheal Martyn Museum near St Austell brings Cornwall’s largest mining industry to life and explains the amazing uses of China Clay in our everyday lives today.
- The Tin Mine Area
Poldark Mine is a genuine tin mine near Helston in the far west of Cornwall. It is a World Heritage Site and one of Europe’s finest underground experiences. Throughout this area there is evidence of the tin mining industry from years gone by.